登陆注册
2804400000007

第7章 快乐闲谈

幽默的聊天能给通常可能不可避免的误解和冲突增添一些愉快的气氛,从而有助于我们与他人和谐相处。闲谈有助于我们承受负担、减缓压力、战胜失败、放松自我,使生活更加轻松。

天气Weather

This is great ...weather.这是个……的好天气。

This is great bike riding weather.

这是个骑自行车的好天气。

This is great kite flying weather.

这是个放风筝的好天气。

This is great golfing weather.

这是个打高尔夫球的好天气。

It s ...天气……

It s fine today.今天天气好。

It s freezing cold.天冷得很。

...,isn t it?天气……,对吧?

Nice day today,isn t it? 今天的天气很好呀,对吗?

It s foggy today,isn t it? 今天雾好大呀,对吗?

It s nice and cool today,isn t it?

今天好凉爽呀,对吗?

the weather forecast天气预报

What does the weather forecast say?

天气预报是怎么说的?

The weather forecast says it s going to rain for three days.

天气预报说要下三天雨。

The weather forecast is not very good at predicting what the weather will be like.

天气预报不能很好地预报天气状况。

If I watch the news on TV,I watch the weather forecast.Quite often,they are right.如果我看电视新闻,我会顺便看天气预报。大部分的预报是很准的。

I don t pay attention to the weather forecasts.I m not interested.我不会去注意气象预报,我没兴趣。

What s the weather like ...?……天气怎么样?

What s the weather like during summer in Beijing?

北京夏天天气如何?

What s the weather gonna be like tomorrow?

明天天气会怎么样呢?

What s the weather like today?今天天气怎么样?

It looks like ...天看起来……

It looks like rain.天看起来要下雨。

It looks like thunder storm.天看起来有雷雨。

It looks like a storm is coming.天看起来要有暴风雨。

The temperature ...气温……

The temperature has soared again.气温又上升了。

The temperature has climbed up again.

气温又上升了。

The temperature is often between 35and 40 degrees Centigrade.温度经常是在摄氏35度到40度之间。

The summer temperatures usually reach about 20 or 25degrees.夏天的温度通常达到20度或25度左右。

There is a ...……开始了。

There s a flash of lightning.打闪电了。

There s a clap of thunder.打雷了。

There s a frost.降霜了。

There s a lightning storm.闪雷电了。

The day is getting ...天变得……

The day is getting hotter / colder / cooler / warmer / longer.天变热/冷/凉爽/暖和/长了。

I wonder if ...不知……

I wonder if it s going to snow tomorrow.

不知明天是否会下雪?

I wonder if it s going to blow a wind tomorrow.

不知明天是否会刮风?

I wonder if it s going to become clear tomorrow.

不知明天是否会转晴?

I hope ...我希望……

I hope it ll keep fine till Monday.

我希望天气一直晴到星期一。

I hope the weather will keep fine.

我希望天气一直晴朗。

I think ...我认为……

I think it will turn wet.我看天要下雨。

I think it will turn out a wet day.

我看今天会下雨。

It seems(looks)as if ...天看起来好像……

It seems as if there ll be a thunderstorm.

好像要有一场雷阵雨。

It looks as if a thunder rain is coming up.

看来一场雷雨就要来临了。

The rain is ...雨……

The rain is beginning to let up.雨开始变小了。

The rain is letting up a little.雨下得小一点儿了。

Take a Walk on a Nice Day

A:Hello,Mary.Nice day,isn t it?

B:Yes,what a wonderful day! The sky has cleared up in the end.

A:I do feel like an outdoor exercise.After all,we haven t had such a beautiful day for a long time.

B:How about taking a walk in the park?

A:OK.It s delightful to have a walk in the park with the air so fresh.

B:(After they entering the park)Great,it s so quiet here.We have the park to ourselves,only you and me.

A:Are you kidding? Don t you see many people over there? Just on your right.

B:Oh,I see them.Beautiful weather should be shared by all the people.

A:Ah,you changed so fast.

好天气里去散步

甲:你好,玛莉。天真好,不是吗?

乙:是啊,多美好的一天啊!天终于晴了。

甲:我想出去锻炼锻炼。毕竟,好久我们都没有那么好的天气了。

乙:去公园散步怎么样?

甲:好呀。在这么新鲜的空气中去公园散步,真是太高兴了。

乙:(进入公园之后)太棒了,这里真安静。我们可以独享公园了,只有你和我。

甲:你开玩笑吧?你没看见那里有很多人吗?就在你右边。

乙:噢,我看见了。好的天气要大家分享嘛。

甲:哈,你变得倒快。

Hot Wave

A:It s hot and humid,isn t it? I can hardly breathe.

B:Yeah.I feel suffocating too.

A:Is summer always this hot here? It s almost like in the desert.

B:Yes,especially in July and August.

A:Well,what did the weatherman say?

B:He said another hot wave is on the way.

A:Oh no! I hope not.

B:How about going out to the beach to cool off?

A:Good idea.Maybe it s the only place for this sort of weather.

热浪

甲:又潮又热,不是吗?我几乎都不能呼吸了。

乙:是的。我也觉得憋气。

甲:这里夏天都这么热吗?简直像在沙漠一样。

乙:是呀,尤其是在7月和8月。

甲:对了,天气预报员说什么了?

乙:他说又有一股热浪正在袭来。

甲:噢,不!希望不是。

乙:去沙滩上凉快一下怎么样?

甲:好主意。也许那里是在这种天气下可去的唯一地方了。

怎样和老外谈天气

天气是英美人的大众话题,它不涉及人的私事。因此,和人谈天气是英美人交谈的一大特点,尤其在英国。天气是个谈不尽、讲不烦的话题,人人擅长此道。不过,谈天气时要说一些评论性的意见,不要只是一味地陈述。谈天气还有一条重要的规则:人家评论天气时,不要反驳。正如有人描述的:任凭风霜雪雨,只要有人说:Nice day,isn t it?(天气不错,你说呢?)你就要毫不犹豫地回答:Isn t it lovely?(是啊,真是太好了!)

时间和日期Time and Date

be scheduled to ...安排日期

I m scheduled to have surgery on Monday.

我被安排在星期一动手术。

I m scheduled to attend the training camp next Tuesday.我排在下星期二参加集训。

We re scheduled to meet the reporter this afternoon.

我们排定在今天下午与记者见面。

The meeting was scheduled for two hours,but it is not over yet.

会议被安排两个小时,不过到现在还没有结束。

It took hours to ...那用了好几个小时才……

It took hours to complete.那用了好几个小时才做完。

It took days to finish.那用了好几天才做完。

It took weeks to be done.那用了好几个星期才做成。

How long did it take you to fix it?

你花了多少时间才修好?

sometime in ...在……的某个时候

We re talking about sometime in September.

我们说的是9月的某个时候。

We re planning on sometime in June.

我们计划在6月的某个时候。

We re talking about going on vacation sometime in the summer.我们在谈论夏天里找个时间去度假。

We are not talking about now,but sometime in July.

我们谈的不是现在,而是7月的某个时候。

It will take some time to ...那需要一段时间,才……

It will take some time to get used to.

那需要一段时间才能习惯。

It will take some time to build a new one.

盖一个新的,得需要一段时间。

It will take some time to finish this work.

把这项工作做完,需要一段时间。

It will cost me a lot of time to install the new equipment.把新的设备装起来,需要一段时间。

How long will it take to ...?去……要多久?

How long will it take to go to the store?

到商店要多久?

How long will it take to build the arena?

修建这个室内运动场要多久?

How long will it take to finish the assignment?

完成这项作业要多久?

How long will it take to get to your house?

到你家要多久?

How long have you ...?……多久了?

How long have you lived in New York?

你在纽约住多久了?

How long have you been a TV fan?

你成为电视迷有多久了?

How long have you been here?你在这里多久了?

How long have you been waiting?你等多久了?

When will ...?……何时会……?

When will the game finish?比赛何时结束?

When will your apartment be vacant?

你们的公寓何时会空出?

When will you get home?你什么时候能到家?

When will the car be paid off?

这部汽车的贷款何时能付清?

When are we ...?我们什么时候……?

When are we going to the movies?

我们什么时候去看电影?

When are we moving the couch?

我们何时搬这个沙发?

When are we making dinner?我们什么时候做晚饭?

When are we leaving town?我们何时到外地去?

When are you going to ...?你(们)什么时候……?

When are you going to go on vacation?

你什么时候去度假?

When are you going to sell the piano?

你们什么时候把这架钢琴卖掉?

When are you going to have dinner?

你什么时候吃晚饭?

When are you going to take Mom to the store?

你什么时候带妈妈去商店?

When is ...?什么时候……?

When is the store closing?

这家店什么时候结束营业?

When is the sale happening?拍卖什么时候开始?

When is the bank opening?那家银行什么时候开张?

When is Mary leaving?玛莉什么时候离开?

It s ...时间是……

It s Friday the 13th today.今天是13号,星期五。

It s time to get up.该起床了。

It s your big day tomorrow.明天是你的大日子。

It s time.Hurry up,please.时间到了,请快点儿。

In my day ...我们那时候……

In my day, girls didn t ask guys out.

我们那时候,女孩子是不约男孩子出去的。

In my day, there weren t any cellular phones.

我们那个时候,还没有手机。

In those days, there was no television.

在那时候,还没有电视。

in the near future在最近一段时间

I ll leave for Greece in the near future.

我最近会去希腊。

I d like to go to the Great Wall sometime in the near future. 我最近一段时间想去长城。

after hours在……时间之后

Have you thought about getting a part time job after hours?你有没有想过工作之后找一份兼职做呢?

The only way of getting out of this place is to sneak out after hours—do you think you re up to that?

离开这里的唯一办法是趁别人睡觉时偷偷溜走——你认为能行吗?

ahead of one s time走在时间前面

He was really ahead of his time back then.

他真是一个走在时间前面的人。

They say the Wright brothers were really ahead of their time.他们说莱特兄弟是走在时间前面的人。

ahead of time提前

I like to do things ahead of time—it gives me more time to do things that I want to do.

我喜欢赶在时间前面做事情——这让我有充足的时间做我想做的事情。

We should get there a little bit ahead of time so that we have time to see the city before the meeting.

我们应该提前赶到,这样我们就有时间在开会之前游览一下城市。

at one s earliest convenience尽快

Could you please come and see me at your earliest convenience?能不能在您方便的时候尽快和我谈谈?

Please bring your book back at your earliest convenience.请你用完后马上把书送过来。

by the hour按小时(计算)

It seems to be getting hotter by the hour!

每小时都在升温!

Okay,you have to pay by the hour,so how long do you want to use it for?

好的,你必须按小时付钱,你打算租多长时间?

date back to追溯到……

The teacher said that that book dates back to the 1600s!老师说那本书可以追溯到1600年!

The statue dates back to the time of the renaissance,when new methods were becoming more and more.

这个雕像可以追溯到文艺复兴时期,那时新的方法越来越多。

day after day每天

I ve been going there day after day,and I still haven t had any success!我每天都去,还是没有成功!

I ve been ringing her day after day,and she s never there.我每天都给她打电话,但她从来不在。

Ask for the Date

A:What s the date today?

B:Today is December 31,2006.

A:Oh,tomorrow is the New Year.

B:Happy New Year to you!

A:The same to you. What day is it today?

B:Today is Tuesday.

A:I ll go home and get together for New Year tomorrow.

B:So am I.

A:What s the time now?

B:It s half past six.

A:Well,let s go together.

询问日期

甲:今天几号?

乙:今天是2006年12月31号。

甲:哦,明天是新年。

乙:新年好!

甲:也祝你新年好。今天是星期几?

乙:今天星期二。

甲:我要回家,参加明天的新年聚会。

乙:我也是。

甲:现在几点了?

乙:6点半。

甲:好,咱们一起走吧。

Make an Appointment

A:Hello,I m glad to happen to see you.

B:What s new with you recently?

A:Nothing new. But I d like to go fishing this weekend. Will you join us?

B:All weekend?

A:No, just Sunday morning.

B:I m not sure I can go then. I promised to help my friend move on Sunday.

A:How about six o clock on Sunday morning?

B:I might be able to do that. Tell you what.Let me check my timetable and I ll call you tonight.

A:Wonderful! I ll talk to you later.

B:See you later.

约定时间

甲:你好,很高兴遇见你。

乙:最近好吗?

甲:没什么新鲜事。但这个周末我想去钓鱼,你愿意加入我们吗?

乙:整个周末?

甲:不,只是星期天上午。

乙:我不确定能去。我已经答应我的朋友星期天帮他搬家了。

甲:星期天早晨6点怎么样?

乙:那可能没问题。这样吧,我核实一下我的时间表,今晚给你打个电话。

甲:太好了,回头再谈。

乙:回头见。

时间的读法

现在英语国家的人们在说时间时倾向于见数说数,而较少使用介词“to”、“past”或“after”来表达了。例如5:20,现代人喜欢说“five twenty”,而不是以前的“twenty past five”了;同样,6:50是“six fifty”,而非以前的“ten to seven”;8:30为“eight thirty”,而非“half past eight”。当然,如果你坚持使用原来的说法,也未尝不可。

询问时间和日期与打听其他信息的方法类似。问话时开门见山,说话速度要适中,要讲得清楚。一般来讲,开头先要说“Excuse”,而结束时说“Thank you”即可。

兴趣爱好Hobbies

What are you doing?你有什么活动?

What are you doing this weekend?

这个周末你有什么活动?

What are you planning on the vacation?

假期你打算做什么?

Where are you going this summer?

今年夏天你要去哪里?

be crazy about ...对……很着迷

I m crazy about it.我对它很着迷。

He is crazy about the video game.

他对电子游戏很着迷。

I m not crazy about film.我对电影不是很热衷。

She is crazy about rock and roll.她对摇滚乐很着迷。

My hobby is ...我喜欢/爱好……

My hobby is collecting stamps.我喜欢集邮。

My hobby is water skiing.我喜欢滑水。

My hobby is going to concert.我喜欢听音乐会。

My hobby is reading comic books.

我的嗜好是看漫画书。

My hobby is playing tennis.我的爱好是打网球。

be interested in ...对……感兴趣

What are you interested in?你喜欢什么呢?

Are you interested in fishing at all?

你到底喜不喜欢钓鱼?

I m not very interested in piano.我对钢琴不感兴趣。

What else are you interested in?你还对什么感兴趣?

in spare time在业余时间

What do you do in your spare time?

你在业余时间干什么?

Do you like computer games in your spare time?

业余时间你喜欢玩电脑游戏吗?

favorite activity喜欢做的事

Playing the piano is my favorite activity.

弹钢琴是我最喜欢的活动。

What s your favorite activity?

你最喜欢的事情是什么?

I m a ...fan.我是……迷。

I m a football fan.我是个足球迷。

I m a basketball fan.我是个篮球迷。

I m a movie fan.我是个电影迷。

...take most of my spare time.……占据了我大部分的业余时间。

Reading books takes most of my spare time.

读书占据了我大部分的业余时间。

Surfing on the Internet takes most of my spare time.

上网占据了我大部分的业余时间。

He is very fond of ...他非常热衷于……

He is very fond of skating.

他非常热衷于滑冰。

He is very fond of collecting old paintings.

他非常热衷于收藏古画。

He is very fond of collecting stamps.

他非常热衷于集邮。

He is very fond of the network.他非常热衷于网络。

He is very fond of notebook computer.

他非常热衷于手提电脑。

He ...half for pleasure.他……一半是为了消遣。

He plays bridge / cards / chess half for pleasure.

他打桥牌/打牌/下棋一半是为了消遣。

He reads a novel half for pleasure.

他读小说一半是为了消遣。

He goes to the movies half for pleasure.

他看电影一半是为了消遣。

have good taste有……的嗜好

We have many good tastes in common.

我们有许多共同的嗜好。

You have good taste in fashion,don t you?

你对时装很有品味,不是吗?

What Are Your Hobbies?

A:Helen,what are your hobbies?

B:I don t really have any.Well actually,I suppose swimming is my hobby.I like to go swimming everyday.

A:Where do you swim?

B:In the school swimming pool.

A:Is it good exercise?

B:I think so,but mainly I swim for relaxation.

你的嗜好是什么?

甲:海伦,你的嗜好是什么?

乙:我实在没有什么嗜好。噢,其实我想游泳是我的嗜好吧。我喜欢每天去游泳。

甲:你都在哪里游泳?

乙:在学校的泳池。

甲:游泳是很好的运动吗?

乙:是啊,不过我游泳主要是为了要放松自己。

What Do You Like to Do in

Your Free Time?

A:What do you like to do in your free time?

B:I like reading very much.What about you?

A:I enjoy watching TV,especially sports programs on TV.

B:Are you keen on sports?

A:Yes,I m crazy about sports.

B:What s your favorite sport?

A:I like football best.

空闲时你喜欢做什么?

甲:空闲时你喜欢做些什么?

乙:我很喜欢读书。你呢?

甲:我喜欢看电视,特别喜欢体育节目。

乙:你喜欢体育吗?

甲:是的,我疯狂着迷。

乙:你最喜欢什么体育项目?

甲:我最喜欢足球。

关于业余收藏

人们在业余时间尤其是到了周末,都会尽情地娱乐。英美等西方国家由于生活水平普遍较高,大多数人有能力、有条件在业余时间从事自己所喜爱的活动,由此形成了丰富多彩的业余爱好。

收集东西一直是许多人的业余爱好。人们通常收集的物品有邮票(stamps)、硬币(coins)、古董(curios or antiques)或者是其他任何东西。人们收藏的东西有的可能会有保值甚至升值的功能,因此收集这类东西往往需要有一定的财力,而有的人想要的东西在别人眼里可能分文不值,而他(或她)却视为宝物。所以不同类型的人就会有不同的收藏物品。

友情Friendship

How do you get along with ...?你跟……相处得如何?

How do you get along with your boss?

你跟你的老板相处得如何?

How do you get along with your mother in law?

你跟你的婆婆相处得如何?

How do you get along with your parents?

你跟你的父母相处得如何?

keep in touch保持联系

Here s my new address.Be sure to keep in touch.

这是我的新地址,一定要保持联系。

Let s keep in touch while you re away at college.

你去上大学时,我们也要保持联系。

Keep in touch with your customers all the time.

要随时与你的客人保持联系。

You remind me of ...你令我想起……

You remind me of someone.你令我想起某人。

You remind me of my English teacher at high school.你令我想起我高中时的英文老师。

Do I remind you of someone?我令你想起某人吗?

Do you know who you remind me of?

你知道你让我想起谁了吗?

We are ...我们……

We are friends.我们是朋友。

We are pretty tight.我们是最好的朋友。

We are not friends at all.我们根本算不上是朋友。

be friends成为朋友

Let s be friends,OK?让我们做朋友吧?

We have been friends since primary school.

我们从小学就是朋友了。

have a lot of friends有很多朋友

Do you have a lot of friends?你有很多朋友吗?

I have a lot of friends at school.

我在学校有很多朋友。

make friends交朋友

I don t like to make friends with people who aren t honest.我不喜欢和不诚实的人交朋友。

Maybe people don t like to make friends that are all the same.也许人们不喜欢总是交一样的朋友吧。

How do you make new friends?

你是怎么交新朋友的?

be friendly with ... 与……很友好

They are all very friendly with me.

他们对我都很友善。

The four of us are friendly with each other.

我们四个人关系亲密无间。

We re on a first name basis.我们很熟。

My English teacher is from American.We re on a first name basis.我的英文老师来自美国,我们很熟。

I know Mike s wife.We re on a first name basis.

我认识迈克的太太,我们很熟。

Jack is on bad terms with ...杰克与……不和。

Jack is on bad terms with his brothers / colleagues / neighbours / classmates.

杰克与兄弟们/同事/邻居/同学不和。

Jack is on bad terms with those young people.

杰克与那些年轻人不和。

I look on him as ...我把他当成……

I look on him as my bosom friend.

我把他当成我的知心朋友。

I look on him as my brother.我把他当成我的兄弟。

I look on him as my good teacher and friend.

我把他当成我的良师益友。

We have no dealings with ...我们不跟……交往。

We have no dealings with a narrow minded man.

我们不跟心胸狭窄的人交往。

We have no dealings with a selfish man.

我们不跟自私的人交往。

We have no dealings with a short sighted man.

我们不跟目光短浅的人交往。

We have no dealings with a calculating man.

我们不跟太有心计的人交往。

We have no dealings with a hard hearted man.

我们不跟冷酷无情的人交往。

as thick as thieves打得火热,亲密无间

Those guys are as thick as thieves.这些人打得火热。

Well,we re not exactly as thick as thieves,but I know her.我们虽然不是亲密无间,但我认识她。

be friends (with)与……是朋友

Are you friends with him?你和他是朋友吗?

He hit me a few times,but it was a long time ago and he was only playing around.We re still good friends.

他伤了我好几次,但是那是很久以前的事了,他只是和我闹着玩。现在我们还是好朋友。

well disposed towards sb.对……有好印象

I do know him,but he s never been really well disposed towards me.

我是认识他,但他对我从来没有什么好印象。

He never seems to be well disposed towards me.I don t know what I ve done to make him dislike me like that.他对我从来就没有什么好印象,我不知道自己做了什么让他那么不喜欢我。

get close to sb.接近某人

I m very fond of Jane—I d love to get close to her.

我很喜欢简——我想接近她。

You re really starting to get close to him,aren t you?

你真的开始接近他了,是吗?

get off on the right foot关系正常

Jack,we didn t get off on the right foot.Do you mind if we start over?杰克,我们的关系好像有点儿不正常。我们重新开始好吗?

We didn t get off on the right foot at the party where we met,and ever since then we ve been kind of distant.

自从我们在舞会上遇到对方,关系就不好,从那时开始我们就保持着距离。

hang out with sb.与……在一起鬼混

Who do you hang out with these days?

这些天你都和谁在一块儿鬼混?

I hear he s been hanging out with the wrong crowd these days.我听说他这些天和一些坏人在鬼混。

be in with sb.与……关系好

Are you in with Susan at all? 你和苏珊的关系好吗?

I m not really in with his group—maybe I should ask someone else.我和他们那些人关系不是太好——我还是另找别人吧。

strike up a friendship with sb.认识某人,与某人成为朋友

I struck up a friendship with her while on a cruise in the Mediterranean.

我在去地中海的一个游艇上认识了她。

I haven t quite struck up a friendship with him yet,but I m trying.我和他还不算很熟,但我会努力的。

We Are Friends,Aren t We?

A:Hi, Mary. What are you doing?

B:Hi, Jane. I m reading a novel. I want to ask you something.

A:OK, go ahead.

B:Well, it isn t fit for me to say, but I think I have to. I think you need to watch how you re spending your money.I m worried that you re going to be broken within a month. Of course, I didn t mean to blame you, just give you advice. We are friends, aren t we?

A:Of course we are. Well, I think you re right. I ve been concerned, too.I just needed to hear it from someone. I ll be more careful from now on.

B:Good, and if you need any advice, just ask me.

A:Thanks a million.

我们是朋友,是不是?

甲:嗨,玛莉。你在做什么?

乙:嗨,简。我在看小说。有一件事我想问你。

甲:好的,讲吧。

乙:嗯,这件事我要说出来不容易,但是我必须说。我认为你花钱应该小心,我担心你一个月就把钱花光了。当然,我并不是责备你,只是给你些建议。我们是朋友,是不是?

甲:我们当然是了。嗯,我认为你是对的。我一直也在担心,我只是需要有人点醒我。从现在开始我会小心一点儿的。

乙:好的,如果需要任何建议,尽管问。

甲:十分感谢。

We Will Help You to Catch Up

A:Hello, Li Ying. I m sorry to hear you re not feeling well.

B:Oh, it s just a cold. Nothing serious.

A:Have you seen the doctor?

B:Yes. She gave me some medicine and told me to get plenty of rest.

A:Well, you must have a good rest.Don t worry about your study.Without good health,you can do nothing well.

B:I ll try to.How about my lessons then?

A:We ll help you to catch up after you are fully recovered.Remember to get plenty of rest and take more exercise to keep fit in the future.Don t overwork yourself.People often say,“Prevention is better than cure.”

B:Yes, I will. Thank you very much for your concern.

A:Well, I d better be going. Is there anything I can do for you?

B:No, nothing, thanks. It was nice of you to come.

A:My pleasure.

我们会帮你赶上的

甲:你好,李英,听说你不舒服我很难过。

乙:就有点儿感冒,不要紧。

甲:去看医生了吗?

乙:看了。医生给了我些药,让我多休息。

甲:你一定要好好休息。不要担心学习。没有健康的身体,你什么也干不好。

乙:我尽量多休息。那我的功课怎么办?

甲:你痊愈之后,我们会帮你赶上的。记住,以后要休息好,多运动,以保证身体健康。别太累了。人们常说:防胜于治。

乙:对,我一定做到。十分感谢你的关心!

甲:我该走了。有什么需要我帮忙的吗?

乙:不用,谢谢你。你来看我,真是太好了。

甲:别客气。

赠送礼物的礼仪

在交往中,尤其是国际交往中,赠送纪念品或礼物是互表心意、增强友谊的具体表现。送礼因对象和场合不同,可以有各种各样的具体形式:

1.纪念性礼物。这类礼物大多为艺术品、精美纪念品、土特产品等,一般赠送给外国来访客人。

2.喜庆礼物。结婚、乔迁、生辰等是人生中最重要的时刻。此时的礼物应有热烈祝贺的意味,同时又不乏纪念性,通常用永久性纪念品或实用礼品很多。

3.问候性礼物。一般送鲜花、食品、营养品、土特产品等,以表慰问之情。

4.鼓励性礼物。如受奖、表彰、升学等,可赠送带有纪念意义又有实用价值的文化生活用品。

5.答谢性礼物。一般简单而有气魄,可送锦旗、贺匾、镜框、装饰画、纪念画册等。

健康Health

be out and about活蹦乱跳的;出去做……

Good to see he s out and about again!

看到他活蹦乱跳的样子真是高兴!

We can get out and about and see the city.

我们可以出去游览一下这个城市。

alive and well健健康康的

Not so bad—alive and well!

还行吧——健健康康的。

He s still alive and kicking.他还是很健康。

in the prime of one s life在某人生命的高峰期

He s really in the prime of his life!

他的精力实在太旺盛了!

Poor guy,struck down in the prime of his life!

可怜的人!在人生黄金时期倒下了。

fit as a fiddle身体十分健康

I m fit as a fiddle again!我还是很健康!

I m as fit as a fiddle!我身体好得很!

at one s best精神饱满

He s not at his best at the moment;could I ask you to come back tomorrow?

他现在状况不太好,你能不能明天再来?

I need to talk to Bill about something important,and he s always at his best after a good nap.我需要和比尔谈一些重要的事情,休息之后他总是精力饱满。

feel fit精力很好

I m still feeling fit—I think you re just scared I ll beat you!

我的身体还很棒——我想你是害怕我会赢你吧?

I m feeling really fit this morning!我今天精力很好!

feel like a million dollars神清气爽

I always feel like a million dollars after running,like I could take on anything!我跑步后就会觉得神清气爽,好像我什么事情都可以做了。

You must be feeling like a million dollars!

你肯定感到很爽!

hale and hearty意气风发,精神焕发

She looked hale and hearty—she still plays tennis all the time.

她看起来意气风发——她还一直在打网球。

Why don t you have a good rest,and then feel hale and hearty again?为什么不好好休息一下?然后你就会感到精神焕发了。

put sb.in fine weather使某人精神焕发

There s been lots of food and wine,perfect for putting you in fine feather!

那里有很多食物和酒,会让你精神焕发的。

You should really take a day off and get some rest;that ll put you back in fine feather again.你应该请一天假,好好休息一下,然后你就会精神焕发的。

She looks (like) ...她看上去……

She looks great.她看上去很棒。

She looks like a million dollars.她看上去满面春风。

She looks like a million bucks.她气色看上去真好。

I m ...我身体……

I m the picture of health.我身体非常健康。

I m in the pink.我健康红润。

I m sound as a dollar.我感到不错。

I m fresh as a daisy.我感到精神状态很好。

You look ...你的脸色……

You look dreadful.你的脸色太难看了。

You look terrible.你的脸色真吓人。

You look a sight.你脸色很难看。

keep fit保持健康

What we should do is to try to keep fit all round.

我们所要做的是尽量做到全面健康。

To keep yourself fit,you have to walk a bit more.

为了健康,你需要多走点儿路。

Sb. s Not Well

A:I haven t seen Xiao Wang lately.How is he?

B:As a matter of fact,he hasn t been too well just lately.

A:What s wrong with him?

B:We don t know,but we re having the doctor in tomorrow.

A:Let me know if there s anything I can do.

B:Thanks very much.I ll tell him you inquired after him.

某人身体不好

甲:近来我没有见小王,他怎么样了?

乙:事实上,他最近身体不太好。

甲:他得了什么病?

乙:我们不知道,但我们请医生明天来。

甲:有什么事要我帮忙,就通知我。

乙:非常感谢。我将告诉他你来问候他了。

See Sb.

A:Hi,Yun.I didn t see you at work this morning.Are you all right?

B:Oh,I feel miserable.I ve got a bad cold.My head is dizzy and my nose is running.

A:Oh,I feel so sorry to hear that.Have you seen a doctor or taken any medicine?

B:As a matter of fact I have.The doctor said it ll go away after a day or two.He s prescribed some tablets.

A:Are you feeling better?

B:Yes,it helps me but I just have to wait and let my system do the work.

A:Do you want me to come by today?Or do you need anything,groceries?

B:Oh,no.I m fine.My refrigerator is piled up with food.But ifit s not too much trouble for you,I d like something to read.

A:Sure,I ll get it for you.Books or magazines?

B:I d like both.

看望某人

甲:你好,云,今天早上你没有上班,没事吧?

乙:噢,我难受死了,我患了重伤风,头晕且流鼻涕。

甲:噢,这真是个坏消息。你看了医生或吃了药没有?

乙:吃了。医生说过一两天我便会痊愈,他给了我一些药丸。

甲:你觉得好些了吗?

乙:好些了,药物发挥效力,但我也要靠身体的抵抗力来战胜病魔。

甲:你想要我今天来探望你吗?需要些什么吗,日用品之类的?

乙:噢,不用了,我的冰箱堆满了食物。不过如果不太麻烦的话,我想要一些读物。

甲:好的,我会带给你。想看书还是杂志?

乙:两样都想要。

怎样询问别人的健康状况

关心别人,询问别人的健康情况,这是有教养、讲礼貌的人应该做的。可是在国外,对外国朋友表示这种关心,询问别人的健康情况,就不能用中国人的传统方式了。

我们都知道,“How are you?”(你好吗?)这一句英美国家人们见面时的问候语,并不是真要问别人身体健康的情况,而是作为寒暄。如果关系一般,回答这句话时也只是说:“Fine,thank you.”这句话并不正面回答身体情况。如果关系不错,当然可以照直说自己身体如何。

可是,有时当我们发觉别人真的看上去不太舒服,那就不能依照在国内的习惯,直截了当地询问人家,“Are you sick?”(你生病了?)这样的问话,恐怕要吓着对方,尤其当对方是女性的时候。对别人健康状况要表示自己的关心与同情,口气要委婉而又诚恳。下面几句问候语,就是这样。

You sound as though you ve got a cold.

你听上去似乎感冒了。

You seem rather tired.Are you OK?

你似乎很疲倦,你没事吧?

You look a bit pale.Are you feeling all right?

你脸色有点儿苍白,你没事吧?

The most fundamental kind of love,which underlies all types of love,is brotherly love.Brotherly love is love for all human beings;it is characterized by its very lack of exclusiveness.If I have developed the capacity for love,then I cannot help loving my brothers.In brotherly love there is the experience of union with all men,of human solidarity.Brotherly love is based on the experience that we all are one.The differences in talents,intelligence,knowledge are negligible in comparison with the identity  (of the human core) common to all men.

同类推荐
  • 安徒生童话选(纯爱英文馆)

    安徒生童话选(纯爱英文馆)

    安徒生童话是丹麦作家安徒生的童话作品,也是世界上最有名的童话作品集之一。他最著名的童话故事有《海的女儿》、《小锡兵》、《冰雪女王》、《拇指姑娘》、《卖火柴的小女孩》、《丑小鸭》和《红鞋》等。尽管创作体裁属于童话,但是其中蕴含了丰富的人生哲理。
  • 英语短语动词精选

    英语短语动词精选

    学好了英语短语动词,也就学好了英语,《英语短语动词精选》精选1194个英语短语动词词条,较之其他英语短语动词书,本书独特的地方在于给每个词条标注了”不及物”或“及物”,对于用作及物动词的短语,又进一步标注了”不可分”,”可分”和”必分”三种情况,使得这本书具有了更大的学习价值。本书由李道庸编著。
  • 美国历史(英文版)

    美国历史(英文版)

    《美国学生历史》(英汉双语版)出版问市后,受到众多读者欢迎,不少读者期望能买到英文原版关于美国历史的教材,《美国历史》正是为满足这部分读者纯英文阅读的需求。这本全英文版的《美国历史》由美国著名历史学家比尔德编写,以西方人的视角,深入浅出地介绍了从殖民地时期到世界大战期间美国历史上的重大事件与文明发展。《美国历史》按不同历史时期,分知识点,一一讲述,便于理解记忆。为使读者更好地理解和掌握各章的重点和难点,每章末尾还附有练习题和思考题。文中还配有相应的插图,便于对不同地域和各个时期人物及事件有更直观感受。
  • 战争论

    战争论

    《战争论》是西方近代军事理论的经典,被誉为影响历史进程的100本书之一。全书分为八篇,作者揭示了战争从属于政治的本质,指出了人的因素尤其是精神力量的作用,阐述了战争性质向民众战争转变的历史趋势,探讨了战略和战术、进攻和防御、战争的目的和手段之间的辩证关系,提出了集中优势兵力歼敌等理论。
  • 一本书读懂消失的文明

    一本书读懂消失的文明

    《一本书读懂消失的文明(英汉对照)》主要内容包括世界上已经消失的14大古代文明,它们是古希腊文明、古罗马文明、古埃及文明、古巴比伦明、古印度文明、奥尔梅克文明、印加文明、玛雅文明、阿兹特克文明、吴哥文明、波斯波利斯文明、蒲甘文明、楼兰古国文明。曾经的它们抑或奇特璀璨,抑或神奇飘渺,抑或深蕴着乡土文化,抑或笼罩着城市风采,这些早已逝去的文明却留下了醉人的印记,带领着我们走进古老神秘的文明探索之旅。
热门推荐
  • 天地修武系统

    天地修武系统

    朱穆,本是一个只会打游戏的肥宅,没想到天降一雷将其送入了一个以武为尊的世界,摇身一变成了一个采药郎,出门便被从天而降的系统砸到,从此修炼简单如同喝水,后宫佳丽三千,手下各个都是真神,成为整个世界中最强大的存在!
  • 伏尔泰哲理小说套装(全集)

    伏尔泰哲理小说套装(全集)

    《伏尔泰哲理小说套装(套装共3册)》收录多篇伏尔泰经典哲理小说,均采用傅雷先生译本。套装包含三册:《天真汉》、《查第格》与《老实人》。《天真汉》是伏尔泰晚期哲理小说代表作。本书亦收入《白与黑》《耶诺与高兰》等哲理小说名篇。《查第格》收录了伏尔泰写作哲理小说之初的几篇著作,幽默风趣,充满奇思妙想。《查第格》以古代的东方为背景,富有神话色彩和异国情调,由十八个看似独立却又相互联系的故事串联而成。通过主人公查第格曲折的人生经历,为读者展现了一个充满哲理但又虚实交融的奇妙境界。《小大人》讲述了来自天狼星的青年小大人游历土星和地球的所见所闻。《老实人》全名《老实人或乐观主义》,是伏尔泰最著名的哲理小说,讲述了主人公老实人的一系列遭遇。
  • 追妻无门:女boss不好惹

    追妻无门:女boss不好惹

    青涩蜕变,如今她是能独当一面的女boss,爱了冷泽聿七年,也同样花了七年时间去忘记他。以为是陌路,他突然向他表白,扬言要娶她,她只当他是脑子抽风,他的殷勤她也全都无视。他帮她查她父母的死因,赶走身边情敌,解释当初拒绝她的告别,和故意对她冷漠都是无奈之举。突然爆出她父母的死居然和冷家有丝毫联系,还莫名跳出个公爵未婚夫,扬言要与她履行婚约。峰回路转,破镜还能重圆吗? PS:我又开新文了,每逢假期必书荒,新文《有你的世界遇到爱》,喜欢我的文的朋友可以来看看,这是重生类现言,对这个题材感兴趣的一定要收藏起来。
  • 永不褪色的骷髅旗

    永不褪色的骷髅旗

    这是一个文明与野蛮,粗鲁与优雅共存的世界,骷髅的旗帜在飘扬,硝烟的味道在弥漫,这里有金币与火枪!这里有女人和朗姆酒!扬帆!向着自由!PS:本文灵感来源于加勒比海盗,作者没看过海贼王!!!本书群:576698846
  • 牛轭山

    牛轭山

    牛轭山的正门堂,是子孙下跪向祖宗请罪和思过的地方,一跪至少半天。转眼入秋。经历了海啸一般一波又一波的千股跌停,早已打回原形,再说股票的事已有些多余。我独自回到了牛轭山,双膝在正门堂的麻石地上跪了下来……
  • 余生,江海不渡

    余生,江海不渡

    一部美术渣逆袭成长的故事。内容恐引文化课学子‘不适’或“极度舒适”?高甜,热血,女主非傻白甜,机智傲娇且逗比,已有存稿20+万字,快来入坑(疯狂暗示)
  • 迦叶赴佛般涅槃经

    迦叶赴佛般涅槃经

    本书为公版书,为不受著作权法限制的作家、艺术家及其它人士发布的作品,供广大读者阅读交流。汇聚授权电子版权。
  • 开封志怪(全集)

    开封志怪(全集)

    商纣无道,姬武取而代之。封神台下,姜子牙让出神位,甘为人间公侯,力保义女端木翠成仙。倏忽千年,大宋天下。包龙图坐镇开封府,为成包青天“审阴阳”之名,端木翠下界临凡,立门派“细花流”,梳鬼域章法,阻妖魔越界。四品带刀护卫展昭奉包拯之命,与端木翠“互通有无”,从此江湖骇浪,频添鬼影憧憧。六指绕红线,蚊栖梳妆台。上古妖兽行冥道,西岐月冷照沉渊。几番同生共死,情愫暗生,天上人间,能否共谱一曲细花流水长,还要仰仗换命的盘、华佗的线,以及……杨戬的安排。
  • 漫漫十七思归路

    漫漫十七思归路

    我的阿姐本可以像其他世家女儿一般,承欢膝下、锦衣玉食,因世人畏她惧她,一出生便被送往了疯魔岭,至此养成了不近人情、暴虐残忍的性子。我的阿姐是个可怜人,生来被命运扼住了喉咙,无法逆转的宿命在前面等着她,既然如此,何不让她这一生过得潇洒快活些。我的阿姐是世间最好的姐姐,尽管有些暴躁有些不好相处,但是我能感觉到孪生姐弟的那种心心相惜,她是爱我疼我维护我的。我的阿姐,往后的路我来替你走。
  • 替嫁:魔君的嗜血帝女

    替嫁:魔君的嗜血帝女

    上官毅看着南宫残倔强的样子冷笑,端起毒酒亲自喂她喝下去,南宫残无力的反抗。上官毅将酒杯摔碎,转身离去。南宫残看着上官毅离去的背影用尽生命的最后一丝气息嘶喊:上官毅,如果有来生,我南宫残绝不会选择爱上你!绝不!我以我的生命起誓!再次重生后看见了那个让她既爱又恨的男人,她却无力反抗,只因她与他……一场替嫁的闹剧开始了她悲残的一生……一张平常的脸下隐藏着一张绝世容颜,成了她最致命的伤痕。一滴滴晶莹的泪珠是为了祭奠她那无缘的孩子还是为了她那没有结果的爱?到了最后才发现,原来她与他是命中注定,是无法解开的死结。她真的可以得到幸福吗?还是她早已将幸福的权利抛弃了……